Welcome to EMBERCREEK DRAGONS!

Friday, June 25, 2010

35 more eggs!

Kora laid 35 more eggs today and every single one looks fertile. Looks like I'm going to be absolutely over-run with babies...LOL. It's exactly a month since she had the first clutch - May 24 and June 24!

I have no idea how she fit them all in that fat little tummy. She knows what her lay box is and as soon as she's put into it she goes to work digging and making a nice little den. She laid them all within an hour or so and completely packed them in there. There was NO evidence of a hole when she was done...but I knew she had laid. She made me work for them...I had to dig to the very bottom of the container to find the eggs tightly packed in there. It was really tedious.....I felt like I was excavating precious fossils or something. They're all neatly packed into the incubator now, and there is NO room left for more. Hopefully this will be her last clutch. If not, I have a few people who might take some eggs to raise.

Here's miss Kora being a grumpy pregnant woman, giving me the stink eye























And here are the eggs all neatly packed in and getting toasty - (Top right are the 5 older eggs)




No comments:

Post a Comment