Welcome to EMBERCREEK DRAGONS!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Eggs are here!

Kora laid 31 eggs tonight. It was perfect timing....today I just ran to get a spare incubator because after ordering THREE different Reptibators, they were all out of stock online. Finally I ordered one from LLLReptile.com (great customer service, highly recommend them!) and it's on it's way. So in the meantime I'm using this incubator made for chicken eggs....hopefully all will go well.

Out of the 31, only about 5 look fertile, which I expected since this is her very first clutch. Five seems like a nice number to start out with...much less overwhelming than 31! They're currently incubating at about 83 degrees and should take anywhere from 60+ days to hatch. I'm already anxiously checking them every few minutes to make sure everything is just right! Here are some pics of the exhausted momma laying....and the cute teeny little "egg-lets" LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment