Welcome to EMBERCREEK DRAGONS!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update on Kora

Not much to report :(  She was on Baytril for about 14 days and showed no improvement and she stopped eating. She has gone up from 500g at the vet to 515g with me force feeding. We stopped treatment and now are just playing a waiting game to see what happens.  She is fighting the force feeding which to me isn't a good sign.  It's difficult for me to dedicate the time to her every day to feed her and bath her (her head will fall into the water if I don't hold it up) along with everything else.  She makes it hard to force feed her too...fights me and spits it everywhere.  She has a noticeable droop on one side of her face, her lip actually hangs open sometimes and she doesn't realize it.  I'm definitely leaning towards a stroke.  She has made some VERY slight progress.....her head is not as tilted as it was, but other than that not much to report.  She is starting to hold her head up on her own, but still moves in circles.  I know I'm going to have to make a decision soon.  I don't know if it's fair to keep her alive like this, though the slight improvements give me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment